It’s 3 a.m., and I’m rolling around in bed, allowing my sleep-deprived brain to wander through a myriad of lists, scenarios, and topics of nothing. Through all of the mindless mess, I’m thinking of my writing. I’m not happy with it. There’s something missing. And then it hits me. I’m not content with my style. My recent story Leftovers has too much dialogue and not enough emotion. Yep. That’s it. There’s my problem. I’m so glad that I figured out how to fix it now instead of writing story after crappy story. So, I’ve come up with a few things:
1. No more posting excerpts until I’m fully satisfied with the end result. No sense in teasing you if you’re not going to be interested in crap. 🙂
2. I’m going to make a serious effort to write every day. Definitely something I’ve been lacking lately. No more excuses.
3. I have to keep my online time to a minimum. I won’t be able to blog but maybe 2 times a week, which I think is adequate enough anyway.
4. On a happier note, coming in February violetvandoren.wordpress.com will officially become violetvandoren.com! I’m so excited to have my own domain!
5. I have got to get a sleep aid so I can stop waking up so early in the morning for no reason.
With that, I’m probably going to only blog on Mondays and Thursdays for now. Once school is over, I’ll have the summer to B.S. as much as I want. However, writing and school come first.
Now, please excuse me while I drag my tired butt into work.